Friday, August 20, 2010

Strawberry Spinach Salad


I have really been craving this salad (being pregnant and all) I have had several versions of this salad and this one in particular is one my roommate from college use to make!

Ingredients:
1 Package of baby spinach leaves(may mix with other leafy greens)
Chicken breast strips (precooked....I just used some leftover chicken I cooked in the crock pot)
Fresh strawberries or raspberries or both
1 avocado
Feta Cheese
Caramelized Almond or walnuts *recipe follows
1/3 stick of butter or margarine
2 tsp. Sugar
Raspberry/ Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing (Brianna's or Marie Calendar's are really good)
Hardboiled Egg
Wax Paper
* I added cucumber as well

Instructions for caramelizing walnuts or almonds:
In a small saucepan heat 1/3 stick of butter and 2 tsp. sugar on medium heat. Once melted add nuts in the saucepan and stir continually until syrupy (this should only take a few minutes). Then place nuts onto wax paper and allow to cool.

Assemble salad to your liking!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment